Re: File traversal on FAT32 or NTFS

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: File traversal on FAT32 or NTFS
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 12:27:37 +0100

On Thu, 2018-06-07 at 18:45 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > From: Richard Shann <address@hidden>
> > Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2018 14:22:12 +0100
> >
> > Should I expect the procedure ftw to work on Microsoft file
> > systems?
> > A call that works on Unix seems to hang on M/S
>
> Up front, I cannot see why should it not work.  Can you show an
> example that hangs?
Thanks for the reassurance - I just wanted to check that I wasn't
wasting my time before starting to dig into it - my example is very
complex - but I've now run it under wine and I see it's not hanging but
complaining about
(#f Unbound variable: ~S (getuid) #f)
(this is Guile 1.8). As long as those Microsoft file systems are, in
principle, supported, I'll carry on digging.

> > And, for good measure, what is the "command processor" that will be
> > invoked by the system and system* procedures?
>
> The same one invoked by the C library function 'system', i.e. cmd.exe
> by default.

Ok, well thinking about it I can use system* which then by passes that,
I don't use any globbing.

Thanks again

Richard