Re: Scheme books [was: lat? and atom? not in guile?]

From: Matt Wette
Subject: Re: Scheme books [was: lat? and atom? not in guile?]
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 07:01:36 -0700

On 06/21/2018 06:44 AM, Joshua Branson wrote:
Matt Wette <address@hidden> writes:

And on this topic, I'm currently reading 'The Reasoned Schemer,' written
in the same style.   The style gets the stuff into my head w/o resorting to
trying out problems on the computer (yet).
Hmmm. I've heard about the seasoned schemer, but not the reasoned one.
I also have downloaded Structure and Interpretation of Computer
Programs.  I need to actually spend some time going through it.

I've just got several programming projects that I want to do, and I need
to remind myself that I probably can't learn it all at once.  :)

The Reasoned Schemer is about miniKanren, a Scheme library thatuses
unification to generate a system of relations (versusfunctions).For
example, while (append '(a b) '(c d)) => '(a b c d), miniKanren can
solve "find x such that (append '(a b) x) yields '(a b c d)" :

  scheme@(guile-user)> (run* (x) (appendo '(a b) x '(a b c d)))
  $2 = ((c d))

where appendo is defined as:
(define appendo