Re: [ANN] gzochi project development release 0.12

From: Julian Graham
Subject: Re: [ANN] gzochi project development release 0.12
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2018 11:01:35 -0400

Hi Zelphir!

I'm afraid I'm going to disappoint you: Most of gzochi is written in
C, including the networking and message-delivery code. The C code
links with libguile to host Guile applications and inject them with
services like messaging and data storage. So there isn't much Guile
networking code to study.

You're right that keeping state synchronized across multiple servers
is difficult. It's handled in different ways in different parts of the
system, but at a high level, the architecture works like this: There
are application container servers, which clients log into and which
actually run Guile application code; and, when running in distributed
mode, there is a meta server, which the application container servers
log into and which takes care of maintaining shared state like lock
tables, task assignments, message routing, etc.