Re: [ANN] Chickadee 0.3.0 released

From: 宋文武
Subject: Re: [ANN] Chickadee 0.3.0 released
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2018 22:14:13 +0800

"Thompson, David" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello Guilers,
>
> I'm happy to announce that Chickadee 0.3.0 has been released!  It has
> been more than a year and a half since the last release so I figured
> it was about time!

Nifty!

> Chickadee is a game development toolkit for Guile that is built on top
> of SDL2 and OpenGL.  Chickadee aims to provide all the features that
> parenthetically inclined game developers need to make 2D (and
> eventually 3D) games in Scheme.  Chickadee is *not* a game engine,
> however!
>
> The following features are supported:
>
>   - Generic fixed timestep game loop
>     - Plug in any input/output system!

Cool!  I'd try to integrate Chickadee with libretro :-)

> [...]
>
> tarball: https://files.dthompson.us/chickadee/chickadee-0.3.0.tar.gz
>
> signature: https://files.dthompson.us/chickadee/chickadee-0.3.0.tar.gz.asc
>
> homepage: https://dthompson.us/projects/chickadee.html

Um, it seems that your web pages has not updated for the 0.3.0 release,
the “simple example” is not working and “reference manual” is still at
0.2.0, etc.

> Bug reports, bug fixes, feature requests, and patches are welcomed.
>
> Happy hacking!

I just updated the ‘guile-chickadee’ guix package, and thank you for
this new release!