Re: GUI Framework Options

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: GUI Framework Options
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2018 09:20:32 -0700

On Sun, Oct 07, 2018 at 08:53:03PM +0200, Zelphir Kaltstahl wrote:
> Hello Guile Users,
>
> Is there somewhere a list of all GUI frameworks one can use with Guile
> 2.2.3 or 2.2.4 (I think 2.2.4 is latest stable)?
>
> I tried getting Guile Gnome (https://www.gnu.org/software/guile-gnome/)
> to work, but failed multiple times. I liked GTK in Python 3, that's why
> I looked for GTK bindings for Guile. If necessary I could try getting it
> working again and then post any errors or problems I run into to the
> mailing list and maybe someone will know how to get it working.
>
> Which good alternatives (stable?) exist in the Guile ecosystem?

The short answer is that there is nothing of production quality at the
moment, if the GTK2 bindings are insufficient.  The GTK2 bindings are
reportedly pretty good, but, I haven't tried them.

There has been some work on reviving the GTK3 or GObject bindings, and
there are many pieces that are complete; but, there is no complete,
documented, and tested library that you can import today.

Regards,

Mike Gran