Re: Code of Conduct

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Code of Conduct
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 13:30:22 +0100

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 03:33:20PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:

> > Hello Catonano,
> >
> > Catonano <address@hidden> skribis:
> >
> >> has Guile a Code of Conduct ?

[...]

> Also, I'm hoping that the original question is as theoretical as it
> sounds.  I have always been impressed at the general high standards of
> interaction within the guile world, going back a really long time.  (But
> I've been mostly on the mailinglist, and not other channels.)

While in principle I do agree with you, an explicit CoC is a signal
that the community has put thought into it and cares. This might be
reassuring to some (for those of us in the privilege of having lived
always on the "sunny side" it's very difficult to get a true feeling
of how important that is!).

Cheers
-- tomás