Cryptic error messages: Bug in guile?

From: swedebugia
Subject: Cryptic error messages: Bug in guile?
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 02:35:54 +0100

Hi

I try to package for guix.
Sometimes I forget a parens somewhere.

When I invoke make in the guix source tree the parens error will be reported as any other kind of error. (unbound variable, package not found, etc)

I would like to know if there is a way to avoid/improve this.

E.g. make guile count parens before evaluation or whatever so that I get a clear error, fast.

Alternatively maybe somebody else has a parens counter script I could use? E.g. I could tell make to first traverse all files looking for unmatching parens.
--
Cheers Swedebugia