Re: New library: guile-wikidata

From: Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: New library: guile-wikidata
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2018 22:26:03 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> On Sun, Dec 09, 2018 at 01:11:05AM -0800, address@hidden wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I worked hard for a few days playing with guile.
>>
>> Pre-release now at https://gitlab.com/swedebugia/guile-wikidata
>
> This is pretty exciting. Hoping to find a relief from my stern project
> manager...

That looks pretty cool — I didn’t know wikidata.

The search procedure looks like it wants to be in the readme as an
example :-)

You could add a header and exported main function to also use this module as
script file:

Header:

#!/usr/bin/env bash
# -*- scheme -*
exec -a "$0" guile -L "$(dirname "$0")" -e '(wikidata)' -c '' "$@"
;; !# ;; this ends the inline comment started by the hashbang

module:

  #:export (show main))

main:

(define (main args)
  (if (null? (cdr args)) (format #t "usage: ... ~s" (first args))
    (let ((query (first args))
          (count (if (> (len args) 1) (second args) 10)))
         (search query count))))

Add `chmod +x wikidata.scm` and you can run it as

./wikidata.scm <query> [<count>]

Best wishes,
Arne
--