Re: guile-json 2.0.0 released

From: Aleix Conchillo Flaqué
Subject: Re: guile-json 2.0.0 released
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 10:09:50 -0800

On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 2:59 AM Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:

> Aleix Conchillo Flaqué <address@hidden> skribis:
>
> > On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 10:14 AM Aleix Conchillo Flaqué
> > <address@hidden> wrote:
> >>
> >> My guess is that most of the time people build objects with JSON so it
> >> seems logic to map them to the most convenient way to represent that
> >> in Scheme which would be alists.
> >>
> >> So, I'm really considering switching to alists for objects and vectors
> >> for arrays.
> >>

> > This would be it:
> >
> > https://github.com/aconchillo/guile-json/commits/switch-to-alist-and-vectors
>
> This seems to affect ‘scm->json’ (essentially returning to what we had
> in 1.x, except for arrays) but not ‘json->scm’ right?

For scm->json yes, we go back to what we had before except for arrays
(now you need vectors).

For json->scm the change is that it does't return a hash-table for
objects anymore but an alist. Also, for arrays it returns vectors
instead of lists. That's probably the biggest change for the user, but
should be very easy to port.

Aleix