Re: Matrix or array operations library

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: Matrix or array operations library
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 15:12:37 -0200

Hello,

> Is there some library, that enables high performance matrix operations
> or even n-dimensional array operations? I am thinking of something like
> NumPy in the Python ecosystem. I think NumPy in turn also uses some
> lower level thing to do what it does. I think OpenBLAS or MKL, depending
> on the architecture. I wonder if there is any wrapper around OpenBLAS
> for Guile or something similar.

There are quite a few libs you might look at before you start to code your own:

        https://notabug.org/lloda
                guile-newra
                guile-ffi-cblas
                guile-ploy

        AIscm
        http://wedesoft.github.io/aiscm

I also wrote a set of n-dim array math ops (including matrix ops) for Guile-CV:

        https://www.gnu.org/software/guile-cv/
                the manual is available online, math and matrix ops are
described in
                the 'Processing' section

        mentioning Guile-CV because images are just a collection of n-dim
arrays.
        (see 'Image Structure and Accessors' in the manual).

        in Guile-CV, all (almost all) arrays are f32vectors - see (srfi srfi-4)
in
        the Guile manual - math and matrix ops are written in C (but memory
        allocation entirely kept in scheme). multi channel ops are
multi-threaded

        some of these math and matrix ops also work on s32 and f64
(undocumented so
        far): it would not take much to actually fully generalize all guile-cv
math
        and matrix ops for the full set of (srfi srfi-4 ) types.

Cheers,
David