Re: Tangerine Edition penultimate report: how I voted, how you're, votin

From: Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: Tangerine Edition penultimate report: how I voted, how you're, voting (John Cowan)
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 13:02:21 +0100

John Cowan <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 3:34 PM Zelphir Kaltstahl <
> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I am not sure I have a sufficiently informed opinion about SRFIs and
>> such things. How experienced should a person be, as to not simply vote
>> for something that superficially might sound great, but actually isn't
>>
> so good and screw up the voting?
>
> It's like any other decision with imperfect information: you look it over
> and give it your
> best shot based on what makes sense to you.  "Prediction is very difficult,
> especially about the future."

I read the SRFIs, with special focus on the procedures they define, and
took my best guess.

I cannot actually give them the realworld testing they deserve. That’s
something I could only do for the old SRFIs, namely 1, 9, 11, 27, 37,
42, 43, 60, 64, and 119.

Those are the ones I already used (based on grepping the imports in my
projects).

Best wishes,
Arne
--