Re: [ANN] guile-wiredtiger 0.8.0

From: Amirouche
Subject: Re: [ANN] guile-wiredtiger 0.8.0
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 12:11:41 +0200

On 2019-05-16 23:05, Amirouche wrote:

- my program leaking memory. I am not sure but it is unlikely that guile
  part of the code leaks memory [...] AND I experimented with both Chez
  Scheme and Python, they both seems to leak memory. The latter takes
  more time but in the end the result is the same. I don't have mongodb
  confirmation, to my mind it is again due to a configuration problem.
The default configuration of wiredtiger use one thread for cache eviction. That is there is a single thread dedicated to fighting the growth of the
  cache using some Least Recently Used algorithm IIRC. Anyway, setting
okvs 'eviction-trigger to 85% (aka. triggers eviction when 85% of the cache is filled) and using 4 threads for eviction itself, allows gotofish.scm
  to complete its mission.

Here is memory plot of the run of gotofish: https://i.paste.pics/5959b4e53f8197af3253a812e86a43c7.png

Like I try to explain, my understanding is not supposed to sustain a lot of write
for a long period of time.

The key word is fine-tuning. That is what makes the database works.