guimax and guile-gi

From: Mike Gran
Subject: guimax and guile-gi
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2019 06:14:58 -0700

Hi Jan,

The GNOME-suggested API for gobject-introspection is to use 'send' and
'connect', which are already Guile procedures.  In guile-gi, we're
thinking about moving away from 'send' to use 'with-object' or perhaps
'using'.  Also, we're changing how to connect GObject signals.

It would change all the work you've done on guimax, so I forked and
re-wrote guimax using the guile-gi API that we expect to push today.

You can find the fork at the location below, and I can pull that into a
patchset if you want me to.

https://gitlab.com/spk121/guimax/tree/master

Feel free to let me know if this API change is for the better or
worse. ;-)

Thanks,
Mike Gran