Re: Threading / Pipe Macro (Chris Vine, Mark H Weaver)

From: Chris Vine
Subject: Re: Threading / Pipe Macro (Chris Vine, Mark H Weaver)
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2019 10:58:23 +0100

On Tue, 09 Jul 2019 11:40:02 +0200
Linus Björnstam <address@hidden> wrote:
> Sorry, I didn't see that macro. I was referring to my macro that Erik
> linked to [1], which is a syntax rules macro that also allows for <>
> argument placeholders:
>
> (~> 1 1+ (/ 10 <>) iota (+ <...>)) => 10
>
> It defaults to left insert, so
>
> (~> 10 (/ 2)) => 5
>
> but also (like the syntax rules macro i posted) also supports functions
> without parents as you can see in the first example.
>
> That's what I get for trying to.follow the discussion in an unthreaded mobile
> app :)
>
> [1]: https://bitbucket.org/bjoli/guile-threading-macros/src/default/

I thought your module/library was impressive.  My little macro (as it
now turns out, defective in hygiene, although it has served me well for
some time) was something I use frequently because I like the pipeline
idiom.  It inserts to the right only, because that is what I am used
to: it sort-of imitates the reverse application of a partially applied
curried function.  I think your module is based on clojure macros,
about which I know little.