python-on-guile

From: Stefan Israelsson Tampe
Subject: python-on-guile
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2019 19:15:14 +0200

Latest developments on python on guile is to make python's generator deep
copyable. This means copying delimited continuations and I'm happy to
acknowledge to a certain degree this works. Both pcomming 3.0 works as well
as current stable 2.4. There is a problem and that is it assumes no data is
put on the stack in raw format. Python's implementation is to set variables
with set! so I expect it to work for python programs. However scheme code
can store stack elements in raw data and hence that optimizartion needs to
be turmed off to be sure. Also if one want to serialize continuations
currently this does not work with the jit function and more work must be
done to assure that it works together with the jit engine.

Note: deep copying of generators is not suported by cpython

see http://c-lambda.se/deep-copy.html for an example

Happy hacking