Re: yet another Guile tutorial for Linux (work in progress)

From: Hans-Werner Roitzsch
Subject: Re: yet another Guile tutorial for Linux (work in progress)
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2019 02:25:44 +0200

Hi Basile,

I like the many links to relevant resources.

The literature advice is a bit too easily written there: "I greatly
recommend reading Queinnec's Lisp in Small Pieces book (after SICP and
this tutorial)." – Yes, I also recommend SICP to many people and whoever
asks me about programming books, but I think a note about how many pages
that book has and that one can need a long time to go through it
including doing the exercises would be good to add ; ) Imagine someone
reading your page and thinking: "Oh well, gonna read (and understand)
that and will be back next week." By the time they are finished with
that book, they wont even remember the website any longer.

The styling of your page could be a bit more uniform. There are many
different styles like:

* italics
* italics + bold
* bold
* link color + underlined
* bigger font for headings
* code in monospaced with a red color on a background of another color
* dark blue + bold for file names
* code + output in green and italic
* color changes in code + output
* code in one line / code in a code block

and more. I would recommend limiting the variety a bit more here, as it
becomes a bit difficult to read, when there is so much variety in font,
color and background.

I like the content, keep going : )

Regards,

Zelphir