Re: TensorFlow bindings to Guile?

From: Jan Wedekind
Subject: Re: TensorFlow bindings to Guile?
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 22:26:36 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 23 Oct 2019, Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:
Hi Jan,

Jan Wedekind <address@hidden> writes:
Hi Basile,
I have implemented Tensorflow bindings for Guile:
http://wedesoft.github.io/aiscm/
Let me know if you have any problems installing it.

Is aiscm already at a stage where I could experiment with using it for
handwriting recognition even though I don’t have prior experience with
setting up machine learning pipelines?

Does it work with a simple intel GPU or on CPU?

There’s a project I’ve wanted to start for quite some time now.

Best wishes,
Arne

I have only tested the Tensorflow C bindings with a CPU. However there is also a GPU version of the library available [1]. I put an MNIST (handwritten digit recognition) example on the website [1]. I am not sure how to do general handwriting recognition. The Tensorflow C bindings lack some higher level stuff which is implemented in Python (e.g. dropout regularization, saving checkpoints).

Best regards
Jan

[1]: https://www.tensorflow.org/install/lang_c
[2]: http://wedesoft.github.io/aiscm/tensorflow.html