Re: TensorFlow bindings to Guile?

From: Jan Wedekind
Subject: Re: TensorFlow bindings to Guile?
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 21:13:28 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 26 Oct 2019, Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:

Hi Jan,

Jan Wedekind <address@hidden> writes:
On Wed, 23 Oct 2019, Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:
Is aiscm already at a stage where I could experiment with using it for
handwriting recognition even though I don’t have prior experience with
setting up machine learning pipelines?
  I have only tested the Tensorflow C bindings with a CPU. However
there is also a GPU version of the library available [1].
  I put an MNIST (handwritten digit recognition) example on the
website [1]. I am not sure how to do general handwriting recognition.

That sounds great! Maybe I can use it to create a first prototype.
Though I’m slightly afraid of having to write 20k examples of steno
words :-)

Best of luck. Maybe you can find training data on the Internet.
  The Tensorflow C bindings lack some higher level stuff which is
implemented in Python (e.g. dropout regularization, saving
checkpoints).

Is there any chance of getting a guix.scm file for the dependencies?
Sorry, but I am not familiar with Guix. However you can look at the Dockerfile on how to set things up.