Re: Logo proposal

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: Logo proposal
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 00:44:16 +0000

On Tue, Jan 28 2020, Zelphir Kaltstahl wrote:

> On 1/27/20 2:03 PM, Marc Chantreux wrote:
>> hello,
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 12:30:51AM +0100, Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:
>>> Did you try it?
>> i never seen λ used in the documentation or code so what i actually
>> wrote a macro:
>>     (define-syntax λ
>>       (syntax-rules ()
>>         ((λ sign ...)
>>          (lambda sign ...))))
>>
>> i just removed it and the code is still working. thanks a lot.
>>
>> marc
>>
> The thing is, it does not work in Geiser in Emacs.

Hmm, it does work for me.  For instance, this simple example

   (define-module (foo))

   (define foo (λ () 3))

in foo.scm does what i expect.  Also using λ directly in the REPL works
for me.  What behaviour are you observing instead?  Could it be that
you're not using UTF-8 as your encoding?

Cheers,
jao
--
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter
 how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first,