Re: scheme with vim

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: scheme with vim
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 21:29:37 +0100

Hi Ricardo,

On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 at 19:36, Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> wrote:

> > i don't know what is the good way to get the list of built-in
> > commands of guile so i ended up with
> >
> >     aptitude search '~i ~n guile-2' -F%p |
> >         xargs -n1 dpkg -L |
> >         perl -lnE 'print if /[.]scm$/ && -f' |
> >     ctags -L - -f ~/.vim/ctags/guile
> >
> > any better way ?
>
> I don’t have aptitude or dpkg on my Guix system.  What do you mean by
> “built-in commands”?

The pipeline first searches in all the installed packages and matching
the name guile-2 then outputs only the complete name.
Then 'dpkg -L' lists all the files that the package has installed, and
perl filters only the filename ending by .scm.
Last, ctags indexes. :-)

Basically, the 'aptitude | dpkg | perl' feeds 'ctags' with all .scm
files that you can find there [1] and there [2].

[1] https://packages.debian.org/fr/buster/amd64/guile-2.2-dev/filelist
[2] https://packages.debian.org/fr/buster/amd64/guile-2.2-libs/filelist

Note that first 'dpkg -L' is not working if the package is not
installed and second that one can want to install the Vim pluggin
without wanting to install all the Guile toolsuite in their own
profiles.

I am sure you will come up with a more elegant trick for Guix via a
Guile script. :-)

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
simon