Re: How to correctly load modules from runtime defineable locations?

From: Zelphir Kaltstahl
Subject: Re: How to correctly load modules from runtime defineable locations?
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2020 12:53:37 +0100

Hi!

I am not sure this will help you, but here is what I observed and what
works best for me:

  * For running Guile programs use: `guile -L <root dir of project>
    <path to scm file>`.
  * For using libraries:
      o If Guile is installed via GUIX, try to install the library
        through GUIX as well, then it should be available for Guile.
      o If Guile is installed via GUIX, but the library is not on GUIX
        or not in the version you would like, create a directory
        somewhere and set the Guile load path for that directory.
      o If Guile is built and installed by yourself also use Guile load
        path.
  * Modules need to be named the same as the directories they are in to
    be found:
      o To use (use-modules (some mymodule)) the module should be in a
        directory `some` and a file `mymodule.scm`.
      o To use (use-modules (some)), the module should be in a file
        named `some.scm`.

Perhaps the Guile load path varies on different systems?

Regards,
Zelphir