Re: question about values

From: Massimiliano Gubinelli
Subject: Re: question about values
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 14:11:27 +0100

> On 18. Mar 2020, at 13:39, Matt Wette <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> How about calling (my-macro/values bar) where my-macro/values expands to
>
> (call-with-values (lambda () (bar))
>   (lambda args (finalization-code) (apply values args))
>
> Matt

Yeah! I like this better. But still wraps and unwraps the result.

 Is there any performance penalty in that?

Apart from my specific user case I wonder how and why in general multiple
values are used. Seems they are not well integrated in the current Guile
implementation. In my naive opinion the behaviour of Guile 1.8 was more
consistent.

Max