Re: Need help starting a project in Guile - distributed DE / GUI toolkit

From: Jan
Subject: Re: Need help starting a project in Guile - distributed DE / GUI toolkit using Wayland
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 00:14:46 +0100

On Mon, 23 Mar 2020 10:36:03 +0000
Neil Jerram <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Jan,
>
> You don't need specially coded Wayland bindings for Guile.  You can
> use Guile's generic Foreign Function Interface [1].  For an example,
> see [2], although that particular code might be outdated as I haven't
> run it for a while.
>
> [1]
> https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Foreign-Function-Interface.html#Foreign-Function-Interface
> [2]
> http://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/ossaulib.git/tree/glib/dbus.scm
>
> Best wishes,
>     Neil

That sounds good, I don't have to waste time on low-level stuff, thanks!
Still need to do interprocess communication though, if anyone knows how
to do this, please tell me.

Oh and one more thing - should I use a build system such as GNU Make
in my project? What are the advantages of using a build system?

Jan Wielkiewicz