Re: haunt

From: Alex Sassmannshausen
Subject: Re: haunt
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 17:49:32 +0200

Heya,

Catonano <address@hidden> writes:

> Il giorno dom 17 mag 2020 alle ore 14:16 Catonano <address@hidden> ha
> scritto:
>

>> Il giorno dom 17 mag 2020 alle ore 14:08 Ricardo Wurmus <
>> address@hidden> ha scritto:

>>> This means you are either using Guile 2 and make it load bytecode for
>>> 3.0 or the other way around.
>
> […]
>
> Now look
>

> $ sudo apt remove guile-2.2
> Lettura elenco dei pacchetti... Fatto
> Generazione albero delle dipendenze
> Lettura informazioni sullo stato... Fatto
> Il pacchetto "guile-2.2" non è installato e quindi non è stato rimosso
> 0 aggiornati, 0 installati, 0 da rimuovere e 24 non aggiornati.
>

> it's in Italian
>
> it says that the package guile-2.2 was not installed so nothing was done
>
> Is anyone else using Ubuntu 20.04 around here ?

I'm afraid I don't use Ubuntu (I use Debian with Guix on a foreign
distro atm), but perhaps some thoughts:

In recent weeks with the migration in Guix to guile 3 I have also run
into the incompatible bytecode messages.  From my experience, they are
mostly harmless.  It seems to me the code is just re-compiled on the
fly? Dunno.

In any case, generally it does indicate that Guile is loading some
libraries from differnet versions as both you and Ricardo noted.

Maybe you can manually clear your guile compiled caches?  There might be
some leftover files from back when you were on 2.2?

Fwiw, I can confirm that haunt works with Guile 3, as I'm using it from
Guix.

Hope this helps!

Alex