Re: C programs in Scheme syntax

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: C programs in Scheme syntax
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 23:57:04 -0400

Check out the Chibi library (chibi show c). in the Chibi repo at
lib/chibi/show/c.scm and .sld.  It provides combinators that create a C
equivalent of the sexp; there is both a macro-based compiler and an
interpreter, IIRC.  Unfortunately there is no real documentation.  There's
some cleverness in it: c-if in statement context expands to an
if-statement, but in an expression context to a ?: operator.  If you import
(chibi show) and (chibi show c) then (show #t (c-if 'foo 'bar 'baz)) will
generate a statement, but (show #t (c+ 2 (c-if 'foo 'bar 'baz))) will
generate an expression.