Re: Starting a GNU Guile awesome list

From: Zelphir Kaltstahl
Subject: Re: Starting a GNU Guile awesome list
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 23:14:52 +0200

Hi Arne,

On 15.07.20 08:36, Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:
> Zelphir Kaltstahl <zelphirkaltstahl@posteo.de> writes:
>
>> One can write whole scientific books in org-mode
> Or roleplaying books, which actually have higher requirements :-)
> (I did both)

>>> First at foremost, the list _itself_ has to be licensed as a free
>>> documentation.  FWIW, most of ‘awesome lists’ are under CC0.
>> While the list is not CC0, I meant to put it under "GNU Free
>> Documentation License v1.3", which I think should be appropriate (Is it
>> not?) and free as in freedom. Good that you hint at the license, because
>> I thought it had a license already.
> GFDL isn’t considered as free by the debian standards, because it can
> have invariant sections. CC by-sa might be a good fit, since it is
> compatible with GPLv3 and wikipedia at the same time.
>
> Best wishes,
> Arne

Thanks for providing more info on the licenses.

I just read multiple articles about GFDL and CC0 and still don't know
what the better choice is for the list.

In particular I do not find information about whether CC0 is copyleft or
not (1), which perhaps means, that it is not and I do not understand the
impact of invariant sections on the list (2).

Can you help me out?

Best regards,
Zelphir

--