Re: test anything? (Re: My Guile Hacker Handbook)

From: Frank Terbeck
Subject: Re: test anything? (Re: My Guile Hacker Handbook)
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 10:12:32 +0200

Hi,

Marc Chantreux wrote:
[…]
>> Hope it can help someone to jump in and hack.
>
> i just discovered srfi 64 thanks to your page. the thing is: when it
> comes to test report, i have one simple rule: TAPs or GTFO.
>
> so i saw a TAP lib for guile (https://github.com/xevz/guile-tap) which
> is not mentioned in the testanything.org/ or guile documentation.

I'm similar  with test-reporting.  TAP is nice  and available  for every
language under the sun. So years  back, because I couldn't find a frame-
work that would for Guile,  I wrote ¹,  which emits TAP as well.  But it
does not  replicate Perl's API.  So  no "ok"  procedure and  things like
that.

I don't think many people use it, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Regards, Frank

¹ https://github.com/ft/scm-test-tap
                                                  -- RFC 1925