Re: How to use guile in a development process

From: Jérémy Korwin-Zmijowski
Subject: Re: How to use guile in a development process
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 16:49:07 +0200

Le jeudi 29 avril 2021 à 10:35 +1000, Anthony Quizon a écrit :
> But more importantly, what is the typical workflow when using guile?
> Do people write files to the filesystem and load them in the repl to
> try it
> out?

I think there is not anything typical in the Guile community.
I usually execute Guile scripts from the command line and I use the
REPL for exploratory work only. But I feel I should use the REPL more
than I do. I am reading all I can find about REPL practices to find
inspiration.

I follow the TDD workflow. So I run my test harness this way :
$ guile -L . tests/xxxx-test.scm
I fire this command anytime I change a file using a watch-based script.
I edit code using Emacs and its Geiser extension to explore Guile
features.

> Or is there a faster way to do things?

Automation. haha

P.S: would you like to join me to code together so I can show what I
wrote above ?
We could pair-program for 1h :-)

Cheers,
Jérémy