Re: delay and force

From: Linus Björnstam
Subject: Re: delay and force
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 07:30:15 +0200

You can see a version of them used in srfi-41. I do believe I use them in my
old implementation of rackets for loops for guile. For/foldr I used them as a
way to ensure that the next iteration was evaluated only once (despite being
possible to call it several times) to avoid quadratic behaviour.

I don't really think they are used that often, since when you need laziness you
would probably reach for srfi-41 (which is horribly slow) or generators
(srfi-158).

I see them as a primitive mostly for macro writers, to be honest. It is useful
if you want to handle a computation back to the user but want to make sure it
is run at most one time. That is mostly how I have seen them used (and used
them myself), at least.

--
  Linus Björnstam