(web client) with suspendable ports

From: Vivien Kraus
Subject: (web client) with suspendable ports
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 19:32:21 +0200

Dear guile users,

(web client) defines a few handy methods to make requests, such as
http-get. I would like to try the suspendable ports interface, so that
while I wait for the server to send the response, I can do something
else.

However, it requires that the socket port is passed the O_NONBLOCK
flag. For HTTP URIs, it is possible since open-socket-for-uri returns a
file port. However, it is not the case for HTTPS URIs.

The guile web client should let me set this flag early (before TLS
negociation) so that I can avoid blocking because of a malicious (or
buggy) server. Ideally, DNS lookup should be non-blocking too.

Or is there a way to do this that I missed?

Best regards,

Vivien