Pattern matching: what does (= f pat) do?

From: Vivien Kraus
Subject: Pattern matching: what does (= f pat) do?
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 19:20:11 +0200

Dear guile users,

The pattern matching manual has a strange description for the (= f pat)
pattern. It reads:

    (= field pat)                   a ``field'' of an object

However, the next example shows how you can apply a function in field
without having anything to do with a field of an object.

Based on the given example, and some experiments on my part, I think
that the description should be:

    (= f pat) applies f, and matches pat in the result

Am I correct?

Vivien