#:printer filed in language specification.

From: Justin Veilleux
Subject: #:printer filed in language specification.
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 18:50:17 -0400

Hello, everyone.

To familiarize myself with guile's compiler tower, I implemented a lambda calculus interpreter using guile.

It works relatively well. However, I also wanted it to print a human readable version of the procedures created. (It is hard to tell whether #<procedure 1e39a38 (s)> is a correct church encoding of the number 3) With a lot of fiddling, I managed to write a function that turns a procedure into an S-expression.

However, when I tell guile to use it as a pretty printer using the #:printer keyword, the repl doesn't actually use it. What can I do to fix this ?