Re: SRFI 106 "basic socket interface" in Guile

From: Maxime Devos
Subject: Re: SRFI 106 "basic socket interface" in Guile
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 06:35:52 +0000

Tim Lee schreef op ma 25-10-2021 om 02:59 [+0000]:
> I noticed that Guile does not implement SRFI 106 (basic socket
> interface)
> (https://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-106/srfi-106.html). Is there a
> fundamental reason for the omission? I'm just wondering whether or
> not
> Guile has all the socket primitives needed to implement SRFI 106.

I don't think Guile has an equivalent of *msg-peek*, *msg-oob*
and *msg-waitall*.  I don't know why SRFI 106 asks for socket-
{input/output}-port to return fresh ports, if non-fresh ports
were allowed, the socket itself could be returned.  Except for
these issues, everything seems to be implementable in pure GUile.

Greetings,
Maxime