Re: Need help embedding Guile

From: Maxime Devos
Subject: Re: Need help embedding Guile
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 15:29:32 +0000

Hi,

Dimitris Papavasiliou schreef op wo 22-12-2021 om 11:41 [+0000]:
> Creating the complete graph before evaluation begins in the second
> phase is probably not necessary (nodes could be evaluated as they're
> created), but it creates the opportunity for certain optimizations
> (like dead code elimination for instance).

This seems clear to me (I think you mean that there's some guile code
that preprocesses the node graph to optimise it a little, before
evaluating things). I don't see what dead code elimination has to do
with the structure of your program though (it's a guile thing, not a
node graph thing?).

>  This makes some sort of
> forcing/ensuring that Guile has terminated desirable.

... but I don't see how this follows. The only benefit I see from
ensuring Guile terminates, is freeing a little memory. But since the
Guile is basically used as a fancy configuration language, I don't see
the need. (Except for valgrind memory leak detection.)

Greetings,
Maxime.