Re: Option to create statically linked binaries

From: James Crake-Merani
Subject: Re: Option to create statically linked binaries
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 19:27:49 +0000

On 21/12/29 10:59pm, Sai Karthik wrote:
> Hello everyone! I'm new to guile. I am exploring the language since a couple
> of days. It would be nice to have option to produce such binaries for
> programs built using guile (like with golang & some more langs).
>
> Was this topic already discussed here before? Interested to know about your
> thoughts.
>
> --
> https://kskarthik.gitlab.io/

Hi,

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say 'such binaries'. Are you
referring to Guile bytecode? If so, you can use the following command:

guild compile your-code.scm

But unless I'm mistaken, Guile does this automatically.

In any case, please let us know what you mean as it'll make it easier for us to
help you. I'll link this manual page on the subject below in case its of any
use to you.

https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Compilation.html

(Apologies if you recieved this email twice; I accidentally sent it to just you
instead of the whole list)