Re: [EXT] Option to create statically linked binaries

From: Thompson, David
Subject: Re: [EXT] Option to create statically linked binaries
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 14:52:20 -0500

Hi Sai,

On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 1:14 PM Sai Karthik <kskarthik@disroot.org> wrote:

> Hello everyone! I'm new to guile. I am exploring the language since a
> couple of days. It would be nice to have option to produce such binaries
> for programs built using guile (like with golang & some more langs).

That is not possible. Guile is currently dependent upon having a
bytecode interpreter installed on the machine that is running Guile
programs. The good news is that native compilation is something that
the Guile maintainers have planned for the future, which would enable
things like self-contained binaries.

- Dave