Re: understanding guile-gi

From: Luis Felipe
Subject: Re: understanding guile-gi
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 16:24:20 +0000

Hi

On Sunday, January 16th, 2022 at 1:37 PM, Zelphir Kaltstahl
<zelphirkaltstahl@posteo.de> wrote:

> guile-gi – I think this stands for "Guile Gnome(?) Introspection"?

It's GObject Introspection: https://gi.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

Many libraries become available through GI, not only GTK.

> And finally: Is my expectation correct, that I will be able to make GTK
> applications using Guile, if I learn to use guile-gi?

Yes.

For what it's worth I did an attempt to get a minimal GTK app in Python and
Guile running (https://gitlab.com/luis-felipe/geteka).