Re: Fibers 1.1.0 released

From: Aleix Conchillo Flaqué
Subject: Re: Fibers 1.1.0 released
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 11:31:28 -0800

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 11:11 AM Vivien <vivien@planete-kraus.eu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Le lundi 31 janvier 2022 à 10:27 -0800, Aleix Conchillo Flaqué a
> écrit :
> > On behalf of the Fibers team, I am very excited to announce Fibers
> > 1.1.0.
> Thank you. Fibers is a very important piece in the guile ecosystem. I
> wish it were part of guile itself. Guile already has futures and
> suspendable i/o out of the box; to me these two features make little
> sense if there’s no Fibers on top of that. What do you think?

That was and still is Andy's plan. I'll be working towards that goal by
first making it available to other platforms and by trying to address all
open issues. It will be then up to Guile maintainers to include it as part
of Guile which I believe would be a great thing to happen.

I'll be honest and say that I still don't know all Fibers internals so it
will take a bit of time for me to go through all open PRs and issues, so
bear with me :-).

Best,

Aleix