Re: good papers on graphics in scheme/lisp?

From: tomas
Subject: Re: good papers on graphics in scheme/lisp?
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 18:42:16 +0100

On Wed, Mar 02, 2022 at 12:34:32PM -0500, Olivier Dion via General Guile
related discussions wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Mar 2022, Blake Shaw <blake@nonconstructivism.com> wrote:

[...]

> > Also, one last thing, I'm considering attempting to create a DSL that
> > compiles to a subset of GLSL like Chicken's GLLS library[4], as I'm
> > becoming more and more interested in compilation. I remember reading
> > somewhere about a Guile library that allows you to write C in Guile,
>
> I think you are refering to
> <http://sph.mn/computer/guides/c/c-indent.html>.
>
> There's also <https://www.nongnu.org/nyacc/> that can be helpful if
> you're familiar with LALR(1) parsers.

Actually NYACC comes with a pretty complete C99 compiler [1], which is
used to generate FFI bindings. So perhaps using that as a stepping stone
towards GLSL doesn't sound that crazy...

Cheers

[1] https://www.nongnu.org/nyacc/nyacc-c99-ug.html