Re: Indentation with inline comments in Emacs

From: Luis Felipe
Subject: Re: Indentation with inline comments in Emacs
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 14:05:34 +0000

On Monday, April 18th, 2022 at 10:48 AM, Zelphir Kaltstahl
<zelphirkaltstahl@posteo.de> wrote:

> I like the documentation style in the doc string you are proposing. Not sure I
> will always go to that length myself, but it would probably be a good
> practice.
> Just like you said, for generating auto-generating things like API docs. Btw.:
> What is the standard tool in the Guile ecosystem to do that from doc strings
> like yours?

None that I know of :)

But I see there are pieces around that could make it possible to generate
documentation [semi]automatically:

+ procedure-documentation
  (https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/guile.html#Procedure-Properties)

+ (scheme documentation) module from guile-lib
  (https://www.nongnu.org/guile-lib/doc/ref/scheme.documentation/)

+ (ice-9 documentation) module

(https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile.git/tree/module/ice-9/documentation.scm)

+ guild doc-snarf command
  (although this one doesn't generate any output when passing a module with
docstrings)

> Also thanks for the C-c C-d C-d hint. I did not know the shortcut.

You're welcome :)