Re: Curiosity: Microkernel implemented in Guile ?

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: Curiosity: Microkernel implemented in Guile ?
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 09:12:54 +0800

Agreed, Guile's design was widened. But I think we are talking about
different "low-level", for Hurd, Guile can be used to write OS components,
say, filesystem. However, except for GNU Mach, most OS components are
implemented in userland, and Guile is good for that, this is what it's
designed for.
The "low-level" in my mind is to write GNU Mach part, which is not suitable
for Guile.

BTW, I think Hurd people inclined to call Hurd as "multi-server OS", so
when we talk about microkernel, I was thinking about something like GNU
Mach or L4. :-)

Best regards.