Re: 64-bit Guile on Windows

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: 64-bit Guile on Windows
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 19:28:49 +0200

Thomas Thiriez via General Guile related discussions writes:

Hello,

> I am currently porting a macOS application to Windows, and need to
> have libguile working.
[..]
> I tried building Guile 3, but had more success with Guile 2.2, so I will
> keep that version.

There is a 64-bit port on the wip-mingw branch

    https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile.git/log/?h=wip-mingw

but that is based on guile-3.0.8.

> I believe this has something to do with the fact that, on that
> platform, we have:
>
> sizeof(SCM)  == 8
> sizeof(long) == 4

Yes, indeed.

> Is there something to do about that problem? Is there something I can
> do to have a working 64-bit Guile on Windows?

It shouldn't be too much work to backport the fixes to guile-2.2.

Greetings,
Janneke

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org>  | GNU LilyPond https://lilypond.org