Re: Curiosity: Microkernel implemented in Guile ?

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Curiosity: Microkernel implemented in Guile ?
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 00:30:28 +0200

Le 26/06/2022 à 12:37, Nala Ginrut a écrit :
OK, let's face the issues, I encountered similar problems like what you described.

1. To avoid the irritating compiling message, I have to use parameters to rebind current-error-port.

OK, interesting to know, thanks.

2. Sometimes folks compile the Guile code and installed it in a wrong load path, so when you run it, it will auto compile everthing again.

This one is a real problem, but not one we're facing in LilyPond.

3. The debug information seems broken for a long time, it's not good to trace the error. But I don't think it's because of the design of Guile, it's broken when Guile had upgraded the VM implementation. It was good before that.

Yes. I remember seeing the bug on debbugs, but I can't seem to find it right now. I recall that Mark H. Weaver commented that interpreted code went through primitive-eval on traditional expressions (not syntax objects).

Best,
Jean