Re: The Spritely Institute publishes A Scheme Primer (the long-requested

From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: The Spritely Institute publishes A Scheme Primer (the long-requested "Guile tutorial"?)
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2022 08:04:14 +0200

Christine Lemmer-Webber <cwebber@dustycloud.org> writes:

> Hello all!
>
> I'm thrilled to announce that The Spritely Institute has published A
> Scheme Primer:
>

> https://spritely.institute/news/the-spritely-institute-publishes-a-scheme-primer.html
>   https://spritely.institute/static/papers/scheme-primer.html
>
> Source:
>   https://gitlab.com/spritely/scheme-primer

Very cool!

> and yes since the source is a .org file, there's a .info export:
>   https://spritely.institute/static/papers/scheme-primer.info

> I've considered making a Guix package of the .info version.  What do
> people think?  Would that be useful?

I think that would be useful, yes.

A also think, since this is an org-file, it would be a natural fit to
turn this into a printed tutorial. Just make it a PDF, add a title page,
and you can get it printed as POD (i.e. https://www.epubli.de/ ) —
including access via the usual webshops for books.

If you don’t want to do that, I can do it for you (I’ve been doing that
for roleplaying books for some years now; also exported from org mode).

The only thing I can’t do is a nice logo for the cover, but I have the
feeling that that isn’t the biggest of hurdles for you?

Best wishes,
Arne
--
Unpolitisch sein