Re: Contracts macro example

From: Zelphir Kaltstahl
Subject: Re: Contracts macro example
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 01:21:55 +0000

Hello Maxime!

I needed some time to implement the things you explained/mentioned, but I think I've got it now:

https://notabug.org/ZelphirKaltstahl/guile-examples/src/87304cc573086b5ef60c1d3aad25d4431fd5bca8/macros/contract.scm

There is still one issue though: The placeholder of the ensure clauses is assumed to be at the top level. So I will have to rewrite the macro, which looks at the clauses and replaces the placeholder with the result of the function, so that it can replace the placeholder in an arbitrarily nested structure. Maybe it will be easy, maybe it will be difficult.

Thanks for all your ideas!

I don't understand the following thing or how it works yet:

~~~~
(define-syntax require
  (identifier-syntax
   (syntax-error "'require' can only be used as part of a contract construct")))
~~~~

Can you explain how it works?

Best regards,
Zelphir