Re: Looking for graph library

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Looking for graph library
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 01:00:28 +0200

David Pirotte <david@altosw.be> writes:

>> >    https://reposcope.com/man/en/3guile/gv
>
>> Yes, graphviz comes with Guile bindings.  Since they don’t provide a
>> Guile module you need to define a module like this:

>> (define-module (libgv)
>>   #:export (digraph node edge layout render setv))
>>
>> (load-extension "libgv_guile" "SWIG_init")
>
> Right, but the module I was looking at - but did not try - exports quite
> a lot more functionality ...
>
>       https://github.com/roelj/graphviz-guile/blob/master/graphviz.scm

Yes, this is essentially the same.  My example above just shows the
pattern that needs to be used.  Roel’s module there exports *all* the
procedures.

The point, however, is — as Dmitry wrote earlier — that gv does not
provide any predicates or search algorithms.  gv only provides
constructors and accessors to the graphviz data structure, and the means
to render them.

--
Ricardo