Re: map-par slower than map

From: Maxime Devos
Subject: Re: map-par slower than map
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 23:44:31 +0200

On 12-10-2022 22:20, Damien Mattei wrote:
Mutex? i do not think code has situation where dead lock could happen, it is a code about minimalising logic expressions, it uses minterms , minterms set is a set of minterms :like this:

I didn't mean deadlocks, I just meant a single mutex being taken by all the threads.

Also, you seem to have a global hash table on line 1603 -- presumably there's a mutex in there (and even if not, likely there are CPU cache issues).

[...]

I propose to minimise this complicated test case (doesn't need to be equivalent, just needs to demonstrate the 'map-par slower than map') and to change it to standard-ish Scheme instead of your Scheme+ variant.