Re: map-par slower than map

From: Damien Mattei
Subject: Re: map-par slower than map
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 10:21:07 +0200

yes Zelphir i think there is a problem in the threading part of guile,
whatever the code is ,it run well the first time, and after is unstable.
Long ago at the very begin of Java language on my master project at
university i experienced same problem with Java "green" threads, under
windows and/or linux ,i can't remember.

I'm trying your code and future, which have perheaps also the portability
with other schemes, future can provide "light" // , with carefull code it
could be ok.

in your segment.scm code ,is segment-count possibly replaced by the number
of available CPUs or nodes, if i understand well?

Regards,
Damien