Re: bytevector-string-ref

From: tomas
Subject: Re: bytevector-string-ref
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 14:19:39 +0100

On Sun, Dec 18, 2022 at 01:12:57PM +0100, Sascha Ziemann wrote:
> I am wondering if something like bytevector-string-ref is missing in the API.
> Or is there any other way to extract a string from a byte vector, without
> copying the data twice?

Alas, it's more complicated than this. There's a whole colourful world
of encodings in between :-)

I think "6.6.5.13 Representing Strings as Bytes" in the Guile manual
is the relevant part, here on the Intrawebs.

Cheers

[1]
https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Representing-Strings-as-Bytes.html