[h-e-w] problems with emacs / ssh.el

From: jdenews
Subject: [h-e-w] problems with emacs / ssh.el
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 16:53:02 +0200

Hi all,

I'm a new user of this group, because I have the following problem.

I try to start an ssh connection in my Emacs (version 20.7.1), on
win2k. For that, I found an ssh.el lisp file, and simply load it.

with M-x ssh, i give the right parameter -1 -l "myUserName"
"myCvsHost".

This give the following error: Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because
stdin is not a terminal.

With the same parameter, I can start an SSH connection when I use
cygwin alone. (i.e, my parameters seems to be right)

Then it seems that the problem come from the way that emacs spawn the
ssh client.